Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can't find linked file
Can't find linked file [message #1776453] Thu, 16 November 2017 14:37 Go to next message
beny othman is currently offline beny othmanFriend
Hi,
I am new to eclipse and ran into a problem:

I created a project with some .h and .c files in it. As long as all these files are in the project directory everything works fine and I can compile the whole project. But one of these files (a .h file) is from another project and I want to have it linked to that project instead of having a copy in my project directory. So what I did is right click on my project->New->File->Advanced (Link to file in the file System). So far everything looks really good but trying to compile my project results in a fatal error: No such file or directory.

I tried to fix this problem the whole day without success... please help me :-)

g beny

Compiler is gcc mingw
Re: Can't find linked file [message #1776539 is a reply to message #1776453] Fri, 17 November 2017 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
If your .h files are somewhere else, you need to add their containing directory to your include search path. This is the -I (upper case i) on the command line and can be set in Project Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> C(or C++) compiler -> Includes:

index.php/fa/31304/0/
Re: Can't find linked file [message #1776673 is a reply to message #1776539] Mon, 20 November 2017 08:39 Go to previous message
beny othman is currently offline beny othmanFriend
Thank you very much, Jonah.

I just wanted to add some files from that directory. Unfortunately there are files in that directory which have the same name as in my workspace which I don't want to be taken into account. Unfortunately putting the files I want to be linked in to (-include) section does not work, too.
Now I found a workaround by creating a file in my workspace with the same name as in that directory and just put an include and the path of that file. I don't like this solution but it works fine...

thank you, beny
Previous Topic:Eclipse IDE not recognizing include header. I get red squigglies under class names
Next Topic:Eclipse will not start
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:50:48 GMT 2024