Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Support for Channels in DiscoveryResultBuilder and/or DiscoveryResult(Is that a design choice?)
Support for Channels in DiscoveryResultBuilder and/or DiscoveryResult [message #1776094] Fri, 10 November 2017 15:16 Go to next message
Karel Goderis is currently offline Karel GoderisFriend
I just noticed that Discovery services can not report back Things that come configured with (custom) Channels.

Is that on purpose, or was something forgotten along the way?

The work-around for such a situation I see is that the ThingHandler, that is created after the Thing has been set set up or processed in the PersistentInbox, has to "re-discover" the Thing and add the channels during initialisation. Or did I miss something here?
Re: Support for Channels in DiscoveryResultBuilder and/or DiscoveryResult [message #1776790 is a reply to message #1776094] Tue, 21 November 2017 16:09 Go to previous message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Correct, the discovery services should only figure out the type of a thing and the required configuration that is required for the handler to access the Thing.
Querying the device and dynamically adding channels should be up to the handler, not the discovery service.
Previous Topic:JDBC persistence service in ESH
Next Topic:Default value for channels
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:00:27 GMT 2024