Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Trying to add connectors for new installation, getting weird errors
Trying to add connectors for new installation, getting weird errors [message #1775655] Thu, 02 November 2017 19:11 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
Using latest Oxygen release.

I had my laptop reimaged. I reinstalled Eclipse, but my workspace was restored. I installed the Subversive plugins, and when it restarted, it prompted me to install connectors, and some weird things happened. I initially selected the pure java one, and the two native JavaHL ones. When I proceeded with this, I saw some odd symptoms.

I think I saw the dialog that listed the plugins that were about to be installed, with the "Next" button, but that dialog suddenly just went away with no explanation. I checked the error log, and there was nothing about this.

So I then manually brought up the SVN preferences dialog, saw that the connectors dropdown was empty, so I clicked "Get Connectors...".

Related to this, I'm also seeing an error dialog coming up saying "'Updating Change Sets for SVN Workspace' has encountered a problem", with the details of:

Quote:
An internal error occurred during: "Updating Change Sets for SVN Workspace".
Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.
If you selected native JavaHL connector, please check if binaries are available or install and select pure Java Subversion connector from the plug-in connectors update site.
If connectors already installed then you can change the selected one at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Connector.

There was a stacktrace in the log for this (but I have a feeling the trace itself is irrelevant):
Quote:
org.eclipse.team.svn.core.operation.UnreportableException: Selected SVN connector library is not available or cannot be loaded.
If you selected native JavaHL connector, please check if binaries are available or install and select pure Java Subversion connector from the plug-in connectors update site.
If connectors already installed then you can change the selected one at: Window->Preferences->Team->SVN->SVN Connector.
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.extension.factory.ISVNConnectorFactory$1.createConnector(ISVNConnectorFactory.java:118)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.uploadRepositoryResource(SVNTeamProvider.java:280)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.connectToProject(SVNTeamProvider.java:181)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.SVNTeamProvider.getRepositoryResource(SVNTeamProvider.java:85)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTreeSVNImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:812)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:689)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResourceImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:458)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:686)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResourceImpl(SVNRemoteStorage.java:458)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.loadLocalResourcesSubTree(SVNRemoteStorage.java:686)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.svnstorage.SVNRemoteStorage.asLocalResource(SVNRemoteStorage.java:446)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.synchronize.AbstractSVNSubscriber.getSyncInfo(AbstractSVNSubscriber.java:195)
at org.eclipse.team.svn.core.synchronize.AbstractSVNSubscriber.getDiff(AbstractSVNSubscriber.java:147)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.subscribers.SubscriberChangeSetManager.getDiff(SubscriberChangeSetManager.java:302)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.subscribers.SubscriberChangeSetManager$EventHandler.handleChange(SubscriberChangeSetManager.java:183)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.subscribers.SubscriberChangeSetManager$EventHandler.doDispatchEvents(SubscriberChangeSetManager.java:80)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.BackgroundEventHandler.dispatchEvents(BackgroundEventHandler.java:394)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.BackgroundEventHandler.processEvents(BackgroundEventHandler.java:374)
at org.eclipse.team.internal.core.BackgroundEventHandler$1.run(BackgroundEventHandler.java:203)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)

I then tried going back to "Get Connectors..." and just selecting the pure java SVNKit one, and then clicking "Finish". I very quickly see another dialog appear, which is immediately removed, and the original dialog spawned by "Get Connectors..." also immediately goes away.

There are no new entries in the log file at this point.

I don't know what to do at this point.
Re: Trying to add connectors for new installation, getting weird errors [message #1775657 is a reply to message #1775655] Thu, 02 November 2017 19:23 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
It does appear that https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=518033 is applicable. I'm working on verifying this.
Previous Topic:Add files from linked folders to SVN repository
Next Topic:SVNKit does not install in Eclipse Oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 22:05:41 GMT 2024