Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Compilation/fpermissive error in DEV_MGR.cpp
Compilation/fpermissive error in DEV_MGR.cpp [message #1775370] Sat, 28 October 2017 15:20 Go to next message
Jacob Abel is currently offline Jacob AbelFriend
Hi all, just went to compile on Ubuntu x64 and got the following compilation error:

/home/jake/org.eclipse.4diac.forte/src/stdfblib/ita/DEV_MGR.cpp: In static member function 'static int DEV_MGR::parseIdentifier(char*, forte::core::TNameIdentifier&)':
/home/jake/org.eclipse.4diac.forte/src/stdfblib/ita/DEV_MGR.cpp:193:77: error: ISO C++ forbids comparison between pointer and integer [-fpermissive]
for(char *runner = paIdentifierStart, *start = paIdentifierStart; '\0' != runner; ++runner){

shouldn't this be
'\0' != *runner
?

First time compiling FORTE and I'm a bit rusty, but won't that be an infinite loop without the dereference? The pointer address will never reach NULL, or am I thinking about this wrong?

Apologies for the rookie question.
Re: Compilation/fpermissive error in DEV_MGR.cpp [message #1775407 is a reply to message #1775370] Sun, 29 October 2017 21:16 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi Jacob,

thanks for pointing this out. Yes this is a bug. And as far as I know it should already be fixed in the 1.8.x and develop branch. You can get these by using 'git checkout 1.8.x' or 'git checkout develop'. The git master branch always holds the last release.
Previous Topic:Analog for beaglebone black
Next Topic:OPC UA with IEC 61499 Tutorial Issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:25:52 GMT 2024