Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Oxygen: Stop debugger from breaking on Java.* exceptions
Oxygen: Stop debugger from breaking on Java.* exceptions [message #1775348] Sat, 28 October 2017 01:40 Go to next message
Jesse Attard is currently offline Jesse AttardFriend
Hello,

I created a Java Breakpoint on type java.lang.Exception and all subclasses, caught and uncaught, and set filters so that it would only include the packages related to my own project. I did this so that I would not get superfluous exceptions coming from Java.

This worked on older versions of Eclipse, but I have recently upgraded to Oxygen. Now it is breaking on all exceptions, seemingly ignoring the filters. I have tried creating exclusive filters on java.*, sun.*, etc. to no effect

I am now seeing exceptions all over the place making the debugger useless. For instance, on boot, I now see:

Launcher$ExtClassLoader(URLClassLoader).findClass(String) line: 381
Launcher$ExtClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: 424
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String, boolean) line: 411
Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(String, boolean) line: 338
Launcher$AppClassLoader(ClassLoader).loadClass(String) line: 357
LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(boolean, int, String) line: 495

Can someone indicate how I can restore this functionality, and only suspend on exceptions stemming from my own project?

Thanks.
Re: Oxygen: Stop debugger from breaking on Java.* exceptions [message #1778585 is a reply to message #1775348] Mon, 18 December 2017 10:02 Go to previous message
Jay Arthanareeswaran is currently offline Jay ArthanareeswaranFriend
I don't think there was anything significant between Neon and Oxygen. Do you by any chance have the Java 9 support installed as well? If that's the case, you might want to try out a more recent build of Oxygen or Photon?
Previous Topic:eclipse/jboss developer studio problem with jboss fuse ide
Next Topic:4.7-U-builds not available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:13:53 GMT 2024