Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » SYSMOD(contributing SYSMOD to papyrus)
SYSMOD [message #1774943] Sun, 22 October 2017 06:50 Go to next message
Q.H. Le is currently offline Q.H. LeFriend
Hi everybody,

Im very interested and also new to MBSE, SysML as well es Papryrus.
For me the SYSMOD profile seems to be a very useful extension and only MBSE4U provides Sysmod profiles for MagicDraw and SparxSystems, but not for Papyrus.

It also surprised me that this useful profile is not implemented/contributed by anyone. Is it a licensing question or is it not popular in the papyrus community. If it's not a legal question, I would like to contribute some work. But I need someone who guides me.

Best regards,
Hoa
Re: SYSMOD [message #1775793 is a reply to message #1774943] Mon, 06 November 2017 13:02 Go to previous message
Ansgar Radermacher is currently offline Ansgar RadermacherFriend
Dear Hoa,

thank you for volunteering to contribute to Papyrus! I'm not familiar with SYSMOD, from what I learn on https://model-based-systems-engineering.com/sysmod/, there are some overlaps with SysML, but also some simplifications (for pragmatic reasons). We would need to clarify two things first:

1. Clarify legal issues first, probably with T. Weilkiens. We are not aware of any problems, but do not have the resources to clarify this.

2. What kind of support in Papyrus are you looking for? Is it just a (static) profile or a tool customization with specific diagrams, etc. In the case of SYSMOD, it would be highly desirable to minimize the redundancy with SysML, e.g. reuse a SysML Block instead of redefining it. Ideally, the support would be complementary with SysML. We could help you by pointing to existing tutorials and provide help, if you encounter a particular problem.

Best regards

Ansgar
Previous Topic:Papyrus 3.x.0 - UML / SysML Model
Next Topic:Property View too small to display Meta-Attributes
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 20 21:05:06 GMT 2018