Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Xtext Code Navigation(source code navigation in xtext.)
Xtext Code Navigation [message #1774088] Tue, 10 October 2017 11:50 Go to next message
Mohd Danish is currently offline Mohd DanishFriend
I would like to ask how we can do visualization in Xtext. I am writing grammar for ABS language to create its plugin for eclipse. ABS contains features and deltas. I would like to do for example if I click on features it will show me the list of Deltas and If I click on Deltas it will show the list of features ?
Re: Xtext Code Navigation [message #1774099 is a reply to message #1774088] Tue, 10 October 2017 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

There are different visualization frameworks that you could consider.
- KLighD
- Graphviz
- FXDiagram
- Eclipse Layout Kernel
to name a few.

You may look at tutorials for them and open source projects that make use of them. For example, Franca uses KLighD.
Re: Xtext Code Navigation [message #1774100 is a reply to message #1774099] Tue, 10 October 2017 15:26 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend

Karsten's recommendations are for (graphical) visualization.

If all you want is a "list", then the basic tree editors as once exemplified by the Sample Ecore Editor and now much enhanced by EEF may be what you are looking for.

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Java 8 compatibility for Guice
Next Topic:Xbase Initializing Values in XVariableDeclaration in (Method-) Body
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 24 04:40:13 GMT 2018