Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Drawing issue when using RDP(Images are not drawn correctly when using RDP)
Drawing issue when using RDP [message #1773853] Thu, 05 October 2017 13:10
Mario Marinato is currently offline Mario MarinatoFriend
I develop a stock market trading software based on the Eclipse RCP framework that plots historical charts. When it's used remotely, via Windows mstsc, the charts are not drawn correctly.

I managed to create a fairly simple example that reproduces the problem. Here's what it does. It creates two threads, each of which draws an image with a certain number of squares. The first image has pink squares and the second image has alternating green and red squares. Each thread has its own Display, Image, GC and Color objects. Before drawing each square, the code randomly sets the antialias property on and off.

When I run this code locally it produces the expected images. They are attached to this post (pink_good.png and alternating_good.png.

But when I access a machine using Windows mstsc utility and run this code, the images produced are wrong. The all-pink one misses some squares. The alternating one misses some squares and has some with the wrong color. (See attached images, pink_bad.png and alternating_bad.png)

I discovered that if I don't change the antialias setting, the images are drawn correctly.

The attached code shall be used in an existing RCP project. See details on the source.txt file.

Does anyone have any clue of what's happening? Does my code have any mistakes?

Mário Marinato
From Brazil
Previous Topic:How to implement close function for CTabItem
Next Topic:Is it possible to make a dropdown SWT Menu scrollable?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:54:15 GMT 2024