Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How does StatusManager find the correct StatusHandler to handle errors?
How does StatusManager find the correct StatusHandler to handle errors? [message #1773710] Tue, 03 October 2017 09:20 Go to next message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Hi,

So I am reading the doc on StatusManager and AbstractStatusHandler. Summarized, it sais that the StatusManager finds the right handler for a given status. But I can't see that the StatusManager ever uses a StatusHandler that is not the default handler...

How can I configure the Platform so that Plugin A statuses are handled by Handler A, and Plugin B statuses are handled by handle B?

It seems I would have to add a third status handler, which would be used as the default, which itself queries the status handler registry and delegates to the right handler. A job that - at least as I read it from the API doc - is supposed to be done by the StatusManager class!?
Re: How does StatusManager find the correct StatusHandler to handle errors? [message #1774189 is a reply to message #1773710] Wed, 11 October 2017 13:19 Go to previous message
Felix Dorner is currently offline Felix DornerFriend
Is anyone from Platform monitoring this forum? Should I post to a developer list?
Previous Topic:Making code completion window wider...
Next Topic:Blocked on JobManager.join when using SubMonitor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 02:48:00 GMT 2024