Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Precondition Expression and Edge creation
Precondition Expression and Edge creation [message #1773353] Tue, 26 September 2017 17:23 Go to next message
Fy Za is currently offline Fy ZaFriend
Hi all,

I have a Relation Based Edge. It Target Finder Expression is

aql:self.source

I add a Precondition Expression to this Relation Based Edge to restrict some cases.

When, I try to draw a non-allowed Edge (as described in the precondition), the edge is not drawn. However, in the DSL model, the relation is established

source="//@tototo"

Any idea why this behavior occurs?

best,
Re: Precondition Expression and Edge creation [message #1773368 is a reply to message #1773353] Tue, 26 September 2017 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stéphane  Thibaudeau is currently offline Stéphane ThibaudeauFriend
Hi,

I would say that your precondition restricts the edges that are displayed as I suppose that this precondition is on the edge mapping but that you did not restrict your edge creation tool.
So when you draw an edge, the tool is executed and the relation is added inside the model but this new relation is not visible because of your precondition.
You should customize your edge creation tool so that it is not possible for the user to draw such an edge.

Regards,
Stéphane
Re: Precondition Expression and Edge creation [message #1773369 is a reply to message #1773353] Tue, 26 September 2017 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I would say that your precondition restricts the edges that are displayed as I suppose that this precondition is on the edge mapping but that you did not restrict your edge creation tool.
So when you draw an edge, the tool is executed and the relation is added inside the model but this new relation is not visible because of your precondition.
You should customize your edge creation tool so that it is not possible for the user to draw such an edge.

Regards,
Stéphane
Re: Precondition Expression and Edge creation [message #1773370 is a reply to message #1773369] Tue, 26 September 2017 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for the duplicate answer, eclipse.org was not responding...
Re: Precondition Expression and Edge creation [message #1773390 is a reply to message #1773370] Wed, 27 September 2017 09:05 Go to previous message
Fy Za is currently offline Fy ZaFriend
Thanks Stéphane,
I understand what you said. I implement the precondition on the Edge Creation Tool and it works perfectly ;-)
Previous Topic:Generic way of adding decorations to Sirius diagrams
Next Topic:Eclipse ELK vs GEF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 22:52:52 GMT 2024