Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse does not prompt for file selection when navigating through C/C++ elements
Eclipse does not prompt for file selection when navigating through C/C++ elements [message #1773154] Fri, 22 September 2017 10:52
Timo Kerstan is currently offline Timo KerstanFriend
Hi,

I have an embedded c project where we have several .h/.c files that exist more than once (e.g. Os_Alarm_Lcfg.h exists in different variants in every subfolder of GenData), because they are configuration dependent. When I want to navigate through the code I want eclipse to prompt me for the file location when I follow a declaration or filename. However Eclipse does not prompt me for the filelocation. Instead it opens the file of the first folder where that file exists. I have seen eclipse to prompt for the filename, but I don't get eclipse to that for me. When i try to navigate to Os_Alarm_Lcfg.h it directly opens the file in Config1 subfolder instead of prompting me to select the file from all subfolders of GenData (edited)

Regards
Timo
Previous Topic:Disassembly view sending -stack-list-frames after debug session has terminated in Eclipse Oxygen
Next Topic:Can't run c code after building it: Launch failed. Binary not found.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:16:21 GMT 2024