Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » Setting up Eclipse RCP Oxygen+ E(fx)clipse and running Tutorial2
Setting up Eclipse RCP Oxygen+ E(fx)clipse and running Tutorial2 [message #1772928] Mon, 18 September 2017 19:59 Go to next message
Diyan Gochev is currently offline Diyan GochevFriend
So, I am having trouble setting up Eclipse RCP IDE with E(fx)clipse and then running a ViewPart with JavaFX code embedded in it. Here are the step I followed based on the online resources I was able to find:

1. Downloaded and unpack `eclipse-rcp-oxygen`
2. Added JDK 1.8 (v102) as default JRE in Eclipse
3. Installed `e(fx)clipse - IDE` v3.0.0.201705220750 via Oxygen update site
4. Restarted Eclipse RCP IDE
5. Edited the active Target Platform to include the `FX Target` features from:

http://download.eclipse.org/efxclipse/runtime-released/3.0.0/site/

Most features had version 3.0.0.201706050601.
Also unchecked `Include required software` as instructed by installation steps

6. Created new `Plug-in Project` using `JavaFX Eclipse 3.0 Project` template

And this is where things break.

MANIFEST.MF shows errors for all `javafx.*` dependencies in `Import-Package:` section.

The official tutorial has no additional instructions.

I tried removing those imports as instructed at some of the forums. That gets rid of the errors. However, once I try to create and start an `Eclipse Application` launcher, I get a bunch of problems upon launch:

- "Missing constraint" error for:

org.apache.xmlrpc
- Missing Constraint: Import-Package: javax.xml.bind; version="0.0.0"

- Multiple "2 version of singleton" errors of the kind:

org.eclipse.core.runtime
- 2 version of singleton `org.ecilpse.core.runtime` exist

Any ideas?
Re: Setting up Eclipse RCP Oxygen+ E(fx)clipse and running Tutorial2 [message #1773052 is a reply to message #1772928] Wed, 20 September 2017 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
a) you should NOT add the "Target Platform Feature" feature if you want to write an Eclipse Plugin if you want a 3.x plugin then "RCP 3.x Target Platform Feature"
b) the import statements are bogus and if they are still there this is a bug in the tooling, just remove them
Re: Setting up Eclipse RCP Oxygen+ E(fx)clipse and running Tutorial2 [message #1773114 is a reply to message #1773052] Thu, 21 September 2017 18:28 Go to previous message
Diyan Gochev is currently offline Diyan GochevFriend
Thank you Thomas,

When launching the Eclipse Application launcher I get a missing constraint validation for javax.xml.bind version 0.0.0. Despite that, I am now actually able to run the the tutorial's `ViewPart` inside the `Eclipse Oxygen` + `RCP 3.x Target Platform Feature` target platform.

The target platform I need to integrate JavaFX code into is unfortunately rather old, it targets Eclipse Helios 3.6.

I am able to install the e(fx)clipse target feature after unchecking "Include required software". However, when attempting to launch the tutorial app I get a bunch of missing constraint violations requiring Eclipse 3.7.0 core.runtime/swt/jface/ui.workbench plugins and 3.10.0 for org.eclipse.osgi, and no ViewPart is displayed or available in the launched instance.

Is there prior version of e(fx)clipse runtime/target feature that supports 3.6? Or any other workaround I might be able to take?

[Updated on: Thu, 21 September 2017 18:52]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Headless testing with FX-Test
Next Topic:Node toFront method
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:38:58 GMT 2024