Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to remove old versions of Eclipse?
How to remove old versions of Eclipse? [message #1772862] Mon, 18 September 2017 03:55 Go to next message
Steve Hubbard is currently offline Steve HubbardFriend
I installed Eclipse Neon a while back and if I start Eclipse from the program list, this is what starts. However, I have chosen to open .vhd files with Eclipse but when I do this Eclipse Mars starts up. It then asks me whether I want to reconfigure the workspace for the Mars version, which I do not want to do.

Could someone please tell me how to remove the old version or at least get the new version to start when I double click on source files.

Thanks

Steve
Re: How to remove old versions of Eclipse? [message #1772895 is a reply to message #1772862] Mon, 18 September 2017 13:24 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Eclipse can be removed by simply deleting it from disk; it doesn't do anything special (ie, Windows Registry) that makes it require any more sophisticated uninstallation.
If you've configured your OS to associate .vhd files with Eclipse Mars, I supposed you could look at/edit that configuration to point to your Eclipse Neon instead. You didn't mention what OS so it's hard to offer specific advice on how to do that (which is outside the scope of Eclipse itself, anyway).
Previous Topic:Eclipse Problem on MacBook (macOS High Sierra)
Next Topic:Further on Updating the Java version in Eclipse?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:27:18 GMT 2024