Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » "Invalid remote: origin" error when pulling latest version
"Invalid remote: origin" error when pulling latest version [message #1772480] Mon, 11 September 2017 09:53 Go to next message
Valeria D'Amico is currently offline Valeria D'AmicoFriend
Hi everyone!

I am new to programming, new to Eclipse and new to this forum so apologies in advance if this post doesn't obey rules I might be unaware of.

I am currently working on a project for my thesis in Eclipse (Neon and on a Macbook). The team has a specific set up for the IDE and has helped me to clone/import the projects into Eclipse. Now that I have to do some work on the project myself, I wanted to import the latest version.

I opened Eclipse, changed to the EGit perspective, selected the correct [master] project, right clicked on it and clicked on Pull (not Pull...). I immediately get the error:
Invalid remote: origin
org.eclilpse.jgit.errors.InvalidRemoteException.

What am I doing wrong? Maybe, because I haven't pulled anything since the very first time, which was a while ago, I need to re-establish a connection with the repository or something? The idea of GitLab is still a little blurry in my head and I am worried to do something wrong. I wouldn't mind using the Terminal/Command line arguments, but then I don't know if pulling this way will keep the project/eclipse settings that my team requires?

Best wishes,
Valeria
Re: "Invalid remote: origin" error when pulling latest version [message #1772846 is a reply to message #1772480] Sun, 17 September 2017 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Wolf is currently offline Thomas WolfFriend
Can you show the contents of your it config files, please? I.e., <directory where your repository clone is>/.git/config and <your home directory>/.gitconfig ?
Re: "Invalid remote: origin" error when pulling latest version [message #1772847 is a reply to message #1772846] Sun, 17 September 2017 09:42 Go to previous message
Valeria D'Amico is currently offline Valeria D'AmicoFriend
Thank you very much for your reply. I was under time pressure, so I had to solve the problem by deleting the projecting and re-installing it. Should it re-occur, then I will post into the forum again.
Previous Topic:How to enable Eclipse tracing in EGit Tests
Next Topic:Create Eclipse project in existing Git repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:51:34 GMT 2024