Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Can I use OWL as a meta-model language?
Can I use OWL as a meta-model language? [message #1772163] Wed, 06 September 2017 08:49 Go to next message
zz lalou is currently offline zz lalouFriend
Hi,
In my work, I must make two ATL transformations
1/ from an ontology to another ontology meta-model.
2/ from an ontology to another UML meta-model.
So, it is possible to use OWL as a meta-model language and use it in an ATL transformation or I must transform the ontologies into UML or KM3 language?

[Updated on: Wed, 06 September 2017 10:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I use OWL as a meta-model language? [message #1779503 is a reply to message #1772163] Mon, 08 January 2018 20:45 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

I used IODT for that back in 2010. See https://github.com/dwagelaar/PlatformKit/tree/master/platformkit-java/build-ontology for more information: it is a project that converts UML models of various Java APIs into OWL ontologies. The ATL transformations used can both read and write OWL files, albeit with some limitations (not all OWL can be read/written, and the output is slightly off the official syntax, and must be fixed manually afterwards).

That said, IODT no longer seems to be available for download, and it's spin-off project, EODM, has also been shuttered.

As a fallback, you could use ATL's XML injector/extractor to read and write raw OWL XML.

If you can work with OWL Manchester format (can be read by Protégé, and converted to XML), take a look at OntoMOPP, which provides EMF support for a set of textual ontology languages.

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:ATL Transformation Zoo
Next Topic:Petrinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:36:29 GMT 2024