Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » CCombo Flicker while switching between workbench parts(CCombo Flicker while switching between workbench parts)
CCombo Flicker while switching between workbench parts [message #1772039] Mon, 04 September 2017 12:30 Go to next message
Sudesh Bulathsinhala is currently offline Sudesh BulathsinhalaFriend
When we have multiple CCombo widgets in an editor, the CCombo-widgets slightly flicker when switching focus between other workbench views/editors. This doesn't occur with other SWT widgets on the ditor. Only happens when focus Package Explorer and re-focus on the editor back again.

any idea ?
  • Attachment: 3.png
    (Size: 174.83KB, Downloaded 19 times)
Re: CCombo Flicker while switching between workbench parts [message #1772282 is a reply to message #1772039] Thu, 07 September 2017 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here are my findings on this topic so far..

Workaround - use Combo instead of CCombo.

Combo is native widget and the performance wise better candidate.

CCombo is custom widget and draw itself using underlying OS graphics capabilities. I.e no native look and feel and performance tested inside editor with large number of CCombo widgets(50+ widgets) is too slow, compared to native combo widget.

due to custom drawing mechanism involved, the flickering effect surfaced under some conditions.
Re: CCombo Flicker while switching between workbench parts [message #1772284 is a reply to message #1772039] Thu, 07 September 2017 13:31 Go to previous message
Here are my findings on this topic so far..

Workaround - use Combo instead of CCombo.

Combo is native widget and the performance wise better candidate.

CCombo is custom widget and draw itself using underlying OS graphics capabilities. I.e no native look and feel and performance tested inside editor with large number of CCombo widgets(50+ widgets) is too slow, compared to native combo widget.

due to custom drawing mechanism involved, the flickering effect surfaced under some conditions.
Previous Topic:Cannot hit singles pixels drawing with GC in HiDPI/Windows 10 env/scaling enabled and line width = 0
Next Topic:SWT browser issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Dec 12 14:20:43 GMT 2017