Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Launch Failed. Binary not found. (Having issues with Eclipse. Can't run a simple "Hello World")
Launch Failed. Binary not found. [message #1771741] Wed, 30 August 2017 05:33 Go to next message
Isaac Dominguez is currently offline Isaac DominguezFriend
Current having issues with Eclipse. I installed eclipse oxygen (32 bit), installed Cygwin and MinGW (Yes I updated the catalog), both compilers are found by Eclipse. I made a new project> Executable > Empty Project (Used both Cygwin GCC and MinGW GCC) > New Source > Built the project > "Run as" > Local C/C++ Applications > "Launch Failed. Binary not found."

As you can see I have two projects, one uses Cygwin GCC along with the Cygwin Parsers. The other uses MinGW GCC with the PE Windows Parser (Tried it with the Cygwin Parser just to see) Still, nothing worked. What am I missing?
Re: Launch Failed. Binary not found. [message #1771909 is a reply to message #1771741] Fri, 01 September 2017 00:07 Go to previous message
David Vavra is currently offline David VavraFriend
Part of the problem is that the build failed to create an executable so it can't be found.
It had an undefined reference to WinMain which is the entry point for a Windows GUI
For some reason, you are trying to build a GUI program instead of a console program.
Not sure why.
If you post the build log there might be some indication.

This may provide some help: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5259714/undefined-reference-to-winmain16

Alternately, try creating the ANSI Hello World project using:
File --> New --> C/C++ Project --> C Managed Build --> Executable --> Hello World ANSI C Project with the MinGW GCC toolchain.
Then compare it to the one you created.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 September 2017 00:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Eclipse is getting the wrong PATH path for C++, and is in the Java folder
Next Topic:project error after migration from eclipse kepler to neon/and oxygen
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Dec 15 23:43:52 GMT 2017