|Project Coordinator Membership & Open Source Projects [message #1771272]
||Wed, 23 August 2017 15:28
| Wayne Beaton
Registered: December 2017
The Eclipse Foundation is seeking a highly organized, self motivated individual with strong communication skills and passion for technology to fill the role of Program Coordinator - Membership & Open Source Projects for a number of its programs. As part of the operations team, the successful candidate of this full-time, entry-level position will track, coordinate, and drive various aspects of the Foundation's programs, including both its large collection of open source projects as well as its membership and related programs. |
The position requires interaction with many internal staff members as well as significant interaction with the broader international Eclipse community and membership. Through this role, the successful applicant will have a direct impact on the operation and success of these programs, and shall play a key role with process improvement to continually bring enhanced value to our members and our project communities.
The Eclipse Foundation is based in Ottawa, ON, Canada, and the successful applicant will be working in our Ottawa office.
- Guiding and tracking open source project developers through the predefined Eclipse Development Process;
- Tracking the onboarding process for new open source projects, including guiding new project developers through the "bootstrapping" process;
- Monitoring open source project activity, and discovering, reporting and mitigating unusual behaviour;
- Interacting directly with our members to keep membership related information current and relevant;
- Engaging with members in the delivery and management of many of the services offered to our membership, including advertising programs, conference programs, etc.
- Disseminating key open source project milestones and activity via social media;
- Maintaining and enhancing process and program documentation;
- Maintaining and validating data related to Eclipse open source projects and developers;
- Tracking the status of 3rd party contracts, agreements, applications, etc.;
- Monitoring and participating in selected forums and mailing lists, and responding to or redirecting incoming correspondence; and
- Generating weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for various aspects of the business, as well as major KPIs for all aspects of the business.
- Diploma or bachelors degree in Business or Communications or equivalent discipline; Information Management degree or diploma with well established communication skill set would be considered
- A minimum of one year of professional experience is required, preferably in a role that has been customer facing with both written and oral communication;
- Comfortable in a technical environment with an aptitude for project coordination, interacting and communicating with stakeholders that often have a technology background;
- Disciplined and detailed oriented;
- Solid computer skills and proven ability to coordinate projects;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with clear customer focus;
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral;
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets is mandatory, experience working with databases is an asset;
- Working knowledge of HTML is mandatory; working knowledge of content management and version control systems is an asset;
- Experience and comfort with the maintenance of social media channels is an asset;
- A willingness to, and an aptitude for, learning new technologies;
- A strong, self starter work ethic mixed with strong teamwork and collaboration skills; and
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
Please submit a resume and covering letter to email@example.com quoting PC-17 by Sept 4, 2017. We offer highly competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted. For more information about Eclipse Foundation, please visit our website at https://eclipse.org/org/foundation/
[Updated on: Fri, 15 September 2017 14:17] by Moderator
Report message to a moderator
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.01593 seconds