Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [RESOLVED] Get platform package instead of registered package
[RESOLVED] Get platform package instead of registered package [message #1770949] Sat, 19 August 2017 11:09
Amine Kechaou is currently offline Amine KechaouFriend
[EDIT] I found a way to get around this issue by taking a look at the code of the method prepareBrowseRegisteredPackagesButton in the nested class EcoreActionBarContributor.ExtendedLoadResourceAction

----

Hi,

I'm currently working with EMF Profiles and I have noticed that the packages there are loaded via the EPackage.Registry. The resulting packages' resources have a "http://" URI instead of a typical "platform://" URI, and more importantly reference the generated package and not the main package of the corresponding metamodel (for example EcorePackage, instead of the main package of Ecore.ecore) .

Is there a way to access the main package of the metamodel starting from a generated package?

Concretely, I get an EPackage instance from the EMF Profiles API, which is in fact the generated package, and I would like to access the corresponding metamodel (i. e. the .ecore file)

Best regards,
Amine

[Updated on: Wed, 23 August 2017 19:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Modeling Symposium @ EclipseCon Europe 2017
Next Topic:XMI Graphical Manipulation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 08:43:16 GMT 2024