Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GCC Cross compiler configuration - part 2 (Navigating thru configuration )
GCC Cross compiler configuration - part 2 [message #1770399] Thu, 10 August 2017 17:23 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
This post is little premature , but ....
After the cross compiler prefix and path are done,
I have an option to continue with "local application" or "remote ".
Please note it is called local and remote , not local and host.

I assume these two can be compiled and verified compiled on "local' ( x86) machine and than on "remote" (ARM host?).

If I select "remote" i get "New Connection" in C/C++ perspective and can follow that path. Been there , done that.

BUT - I have installed TCF - especially for developing software on embedded system - Pi in my case.

So which way to just build and verify the conncetion - using standard "remote" application connection or TCF?

In my view verifying the connection should be done before actually compiling the remote / host software.

BTW TCF now introduces "Target" - AKA host AKA remote.

Re: GCC Cross compiler configuration - part 2 [message #1770428 is a reply to message #1770399] Fri, 11 August 2017 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Quote:
This post is little premature , but ....

Quote:
Did you read and follow the instructions at <https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/27163/cross-compiling-with-windows-using-eclipse>?

Please work through the provided examples/instructions and then come back to the forum with new questions.
Re: GCC Cross compiler configuration - part 2 [message #1770454 is a reply to message #1770428] Fri, 11 August 2017 17:12 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
YES and NO
I am looking into using TCF instead.
Previous Topic:Unresolved Inclusion: <Arduino.h> error message
Next Topic:Fake Errors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:35:24 GMT 2024