Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Building Issue(make.exe has stopped working)
Building Issue [message #1769564] Tue, 01 August 2017 16:17 Go to next message
Aakaash Rathore is currently offline Aakaash RathoreFriend

While building one of my C++ projects in Eclipse Neon I am getting an error saying make.exe has stopped working. I have attached the screenshot for the same.

The details of the Neon I am using are:
Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers
Version: Neon.3 Release (4.6.3)
Build id: 20170314-1500

Please help me resolve this issue. Also, if anyone can provide me a few links or documents or any kind of study material to understand the use of Neon and improve my skills in C++ using Neon, it would be great as I am new to Eclipse IDE and hence, Neon.

Thank You
Re: Building Issue [message #1769766 is a reply to message #1769564] Thu, 03 August 2017 09:09 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
make is not provided by Eclipse or CDT but something that you need to provide. There are too many options out there, but a commonly used one on Windows is msys2

So, to know what is going on on your machine you need to diagnose if make is working, and if so, what environment it is working in. If you have a shell that make/g++ is working in, try launching Eclipse from within that shell.
Previous Topic:Selecting "Application" in configuration fails in latest Oxygen
Next Topic:Plugin is showing up blank
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 20 21:47:45 GMT 2018