Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » e(fx)clipse » CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure(Unable to run top maven goals)
CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure [message #1769555] Tue, 01 August 2017 14:42 Go to next message
Marcelo Ruiz is currently offline Marcelo RuizFriend
Hi,

I would like to know how to solve a problem I'm facing with an e(fx)clipse project and Jenkins: I followed the suggested structure for the project (I created the project with the e(fx)clipse wizzard) and I am unable to run any Maven top goals. Jenkins rightfully complains that there is no pom.xml in top folder and I don't know how to execute the build process from within the releng project.

If I have to add a root pom.xml in the top folder, do I need to change the parent in each pom.xml (except releng) to point to it and set the root parent to the releng project?

[edit]
I found people with a similar problem in Stack Overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12612076/maven-multi-module-project-and-jenkins. For what I understand from one of the answers, there should be an aggregate pom at the root of the project and the configuration pom with all the dependencies (in our case the one in the releng project). Is this the correct approach? I am in doubt because the default project structure does not suggest this...

Thanks!

[Updated on: Tue, 01 August 2017 16:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure [message #1769587 is a reply to message #1769555] Wed, 02 August 2017 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I got the solution: running maven with the -f parameter and the path to the pom.xml inside the releng project, as explained here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24853302/maven-cannot-find-pom-xml-in-jenkins-workspace

One question I still have is which folders/files to avoid checking into Subversion (which has a hook that triggers the Jenkins build). Should I include the target folders? I read in some stackoverflow answer that the target folders should not be added to Subversion.

Also, running
mvn clean verify
from the releng project in my computer results in a build success, but if I run it in Jenkins, the build fails in the application bundle with the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.tycho:tycho-compiler-plugin:1.0.0:compile (default-compile) on project com.jewelfx.app: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /usr/local/jenkins/workspace/m/trunk/com.sample.app/src/com/sample/app/themes/DefaultTheme.java:[1]
[ERROR] package com.sample.app.themes;
[ERROR] ^
[ERROR] The type javafx.collections.ObservableList cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] /usr/local/jenkins/workspace/m/trunk/com.sample.app/src/com/sample/app/themes/DefaultTheme.java:[5]
[ERROR] public class DefaultTheme extends AbstractTheme {
[ERROR] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[ERROR] The type javafx.collections.ListChangeListener$Change cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
[ERROR] 2 problems (2 errors)

Any ideas on how to solve that?

Thanks!

[Updated on: Wed, 02 August 2017 05:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure [message #1769685 is a reply to message #1769587] Wed, 02 August 2017 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Is jenkins running with an openjdk instead of oraclejdk
Re: CI with Jenkins and suggested project structure [message #1769732 is a reply to message #1769685] Thu, 03 August 2017 03:07 Go to previous message
Thanks for the hint Tom. Jenkins runs on a FreeNAS with openjdk, so I had to install openjfx8-devel
Previous Topic:Requirements to use FXCanvas in Eclipse plugins?
Next Topic:Problem with run Eclipse Editor with JavaFX and GEF5
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:21:17 GMT 2024