Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Close all MPlaceholders referencing the same MPart(Removing a Placeholder in a non-active perspective grabs control from active perspective)
Close all MPlaceholders referencing the same MPart [message #1769280] Fri, 28 July 2017 13:58
Matthias Goebel is currently offline Matthias GoebelFriend
Hello everybody,

I've got a little issue with those MPlaceholders. What I'm trying to archive is, to remove every placeholder (one per perspective) referencing the same MPart, when closing any placeholder.

In order to realize this I've hijacked the EPartService method 'hidePart(MPart, boolean)' to remove the placeholders and finally to remove the part from windows.sharedElements.
Everything works fine with one exception. When closing a placeholder in a non-active perspective, its parent partstack activates a different part and grabs the control from the active perspective.
You can only see this, if the activated part is also visible in the active perspective.

I've already filed a bug for this: 520238
But I'm absolutely unsure if this strategy leads to a total mess-up in the application model.

Is there a better alternative to get this working?

Thank you in advance
Matthias
Previous Topic:Strange nested part stack behavior when minimize button is pressed
Next Topic:"Ghost frame" almost invisible when moving ViewPart
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:54:12 GMT 2024