Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » synchronizing workspaces with oomph via network drive
synchronizing workspaces with oomph via network drive [message #1768784] Sun, 23 July 2017 20:38 Go to next message
Mario Groneick is currently offline Mario GroneickFriend
Hi Everyone,

I have some problems setting up oomph to share and synchronize eclipse preferences across multiple machines via a network drive.

So basically i want a .setup on the drive and everyone in the team can link to the said setup and if some changes are made to the setup everyone gets notified that there are some preference changes.

I simply can not find a way to do this or even find a starting point.
I probably do not have to mention that i'm completely new to oomph.

Thank you in advance.
Re: synchronizing workspaces with oomph via network drive [message #1768952 is a reply to message #1768784] Tue, 25 July 2017 07:58 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You could do this with a Project setup. Anyone in their IDE could use File -> Import -> Oomph -> Projects into Workspace and use the green + button in that wizard to add a reference to that project setup referencing the version in the shared file system. They won't be notified of changes in the file system, but if they do Help -> Perform Setup Tasks... they will perform the latest version's tasks; this is done automatically on startup.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Git clone task: What's InducedChoices?
Next Topic:Provisioning errors caused by a special character in a proxy password
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:50:26 GMT 2024