Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Launching Java IDE Oxygen
Launching Java IDE Oxygen [message #1768704] Fri, 21 July 2017 18:42 Go to next message
WIlliam Meaney is currently offline WIlliam MeaneyFriend
Hi

After extracting the zip folder for Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Oxygen platform, exlipse.exe failed to load. There wasn't any error code or any indication that it was attempting to load except for the loading mouse symbol. I also couldn't open the eclipse installer program either.

I tried changing the java vm location in the eclipse.ini file and the maximum memory usage and it still wouldn't open or show any error code?

I have windows 10 home and am in an admin acct. When trying to run eclipse.exe as an administrator, the dialogue box for running a program as an admin popped up. After I confirmed that I wanted to run it as an admin, I got the same response as before - nothing.

What should I do to open the program?

Attached are the configuration files I found in the zip folder. I did not modify the config.ini file.
  • Attachment: eclipse.ini
    (Size: 0.58KB, Downloaded 105 times)
  • Attachment: config.ini
    (Size: 0.94KB, Downloaded 95 times)
Re: Launching Java IDE Oxygen [message #1768707 is a reply to message #1768704] Fri, 21 July 2017 19:32 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\bin\javaw.exe exists, try using that instead of C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_131\jre\bin\javaw.exe . If you added those -XX options, try running Eclipse without them.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Jad
Next Topic:Error Suggestions for fix on line of code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:08:40 GMT 2024