Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » Eclipse unable to resolve import statement( Eclipse unable to resolve : import org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets.figures.KnobFigure;)
Eclipse unable to resolve import statement [message #1768437] Tue, 18 July 2017 17:28 Go to next message
Sudharshan Gopikrishnan is currently offline Sudharshan GopikrishnanFriend
Hello all,

- I am creating a Java-plugin project, and I am using Java SWT in the project . I was trying to use the widgets provided as a part of the Nebula project (Mainly the Visualization Eg; Knobfigure, Gauge etc).

- I installed the required software from the link : http://download.eclipse.org/nebula/releases/latest. In addition to this, I have also imported all the required plug-ins available for Eclipse Nebula (PIC attached). However, i do not find any plug-in for Nebula visualization. Hence my eclipse is not able to resolve the import statement "import org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets.figures.KnobFigure;"

Is there anything else i should do? I am referring to the sample code snippets provided here(https://www.eclipse.org/nebula/snippets.php#Visualization) as a starter. Is it the correct import statement? Any help, will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all !!!

Regards,
Sudharshan

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2017 17:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse unable to resolve import statement [message #1768438 is a reply to message #1768437] Tue, 18 July 2017 17:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi Sudharshan,

Your imports are way off. I have created a repo for you here to get started [1]. Import the project, find the Java class and use the context menu. Then use "run as java application".

Cheers,

Wim

[1] https://github.com/EclipseNebula/examples.git
Re: Eclipse unable to resolve import statement [message #1768441 is a reply to message #1768438] Tue, 18 July 2017 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Wim,

Thank you for the help. But i still get the same error, the import statements "import org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets.datadefinition.IManualValueChangeListener" ;
and import org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets.figures.KnobFigure;" is not recognized by eclipse. (PIC ATTACHED)

Also in the plugin-dependencies i observed that, my plugin- "org.eclipse.nebula.visulaization.widgets" is not resolved (PIC attached) nor am i able to add them.

Regards,
Sudharshan

• Attachment: error.png
    (Size: 252.58KB, Downloaded 309 times)
  • Attachment: error-2.png
    (Size: 301.38KB, Downloaded 227 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 18 July 2017 18:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eclipse unable to resolve import statement [message #1768442 is a reply to message #1768441] Tue, 18 July 2017 19:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wim Jongman is currently offline Wim JongmanFriend

Hi,

They are already added in plugin.xml. You did not install the visualization widgets. Please install them from [1] or add [1] to your target platform.

Regards,

Wim

[1] http://download.eclipse.org/nebula/releases/latest.
Re: Eclipse unable to resolve import statement [message #1768444 is a reply to message #1768442] Tue, 18 July 2017 19:23 Go to previous message
Hello Wim,

I was able to to resolve the error. Thanks a lot you for your help :)

Regards,
Sudharshan
Previous Topic:Problem sorting on XViewer
Next Topic:Transparent Canvas inside a composite parent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 10:23:34 GMT 2024