Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Error Starting Eclipse(Nios II eclipse)
Error Starting Eclipse [message #1767991] Wed, 12 July 2017 14:42 Go to next message
Ryan Thornton is currently offline Ryan ThorntonFriend
****I'm using Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. I have downloaded the Quartus Prime Lite software for development on a De0-SoC-Atlas board. I'm using the Nios2-eclipse application that came with this download to run C code on the board. For some reason the Eclipse has stopped working and given me the error:

****"An error has occurred. See the log file C:\Users\user\.altera.sbt4e\path to configuration\1799870164807.log"

****Inside the log it says:
"!SESSION 2017-07-12 09:36:04.589 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.3.2.M20140221-1700
java.version=1.8.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product -pluginCustomization C:/intelfpga_lite/17.0/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2/plugin_customization.ini
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.cpp.product -pluginCustomization C:/intelfpga_lite/17.0/nios2eds/bin/eclipse_nios2/plugin_customization.ini

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-07-12 09:36:05.057
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)"

****I have tried uninstall/install and deleting the .metadata and .snap and all of the other online suggested methods. If anyone has another/better suggestion it is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ryan
Re: Error Starting Eclipse [message #1768082 is a reply to message #1767991] Thu, 13 July 2017 13:20 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
What you can try is starting eclipse with "-clean" so that cached state about bundles is recalculated.

But, to me this sounds like some corruption/error in the config.ini that Intel are provided with Quartus, so I would be in touch with your FAE as they may have a workaround.
Previous Topic:Neon 3 console background color in dark theme changes by itself and cannot be modified
Next Topic:Unable to debug in Eclipse C/C++ Edition [Oxygen version]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:23:42 GMT 2024