Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen?
How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen? [message #1767952] Wed, 12 July 2017 11:12 Go to next message
Roberto A is currently offline Roberto AFriend
I'm porting my application from eclipse Mars to Oxygen.

I have my own implementation of IProgressMonitor that set a variable to true when the done() method is executed and after calling refreshLocal I'm checking if this variable is true to know when refreshLocal has finished, and it was working in previous releases to Oxygen because the refreshLocal method was calling the monitor.done() method when the refesh finish.

But in Oxygen the IResource.refreshLocal() never calls the monitor.done() method so my code is no longer working.

How can I know in Oxygen when IResource.refreshLocal() has finished?

The change in org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource was done for
Bug 477409 - Replace SubProgressMonitor with SubMonitor in (https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.platform.resources/commit/cead60cc0b2d28f291f7afb2695282d033587cae)

Thanks in advance.
Re: How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen? [message #1768105 is a reply to message #1767952] Thu, 13 July 2017 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Refresh local does it's work on the calling thread, so when the method returns, it's done. I'm not sure why you need the progress monitor approach?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen? [message #1768153 is a reply to message #1768105] Fri, 14 July 2017 08:17 Go to previous message
Roberto A is currently offline Roberto AFriend
Thanks for your answer Ed.
Whether the refreshLocal is running in the same thread I don't need the progress monitor.

Kind regards.
Previous Topic:Problems invoking selectReveal() on ProjectExplorer view
Next Topic:adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:26:17 GMT 2024