Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench
adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1767803] Tue, 11 July 2017 09:12 Go to next message
sameer singh is currently offline sameer singhFriend
I am a beginner and i am working on eclipse . I started to modify some component. I am trying to add a new path option in installed JRE under preferences through the code without the wizard, but in order to do that i am not able to understand which class to follow so that i could actually go ahead.
So can anyone please guide me.
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1767984 is a reply to message #1767803] Wed, 12 July 2017 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

It would help to know what you are trying to accomplish. But the list of known JVMs is managed by the JDT/Debug component in org.eclipse.jdt.launching. The key class is org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime, interfaces are IVMInstall.

The IDE is itself a great example to learn from. Within the IDE, use Alt-Shift-F1 to invoke the PDE Plugin Spy find out the what implements the view or editor or dialog that you're currently examining, and start poking through the code. Take a look at the Preferences > Java > Installed JREs preference page, for example, to see what it does to list and add to the list of known JREs.

Brian.

Eclipse Platform committer. Ask me about Eclipse support, training, and consulting.
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768066 is a reply to message #1767984] Thu, 13 July 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am actually trying to directly add a new entry in the Installed JRE option with the help of code not the wizard, i need to know how do i do that, can i get any support in case of code, if yes please provide me some assistance?

Please see the picture for description. I need to add a new entry in the box outlined with blue color.

index.php/fa/29994/0/
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 50.68KB, Downloaded 262 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 13 July 2017 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768079 is a reply to message #1768066] Thu, 13 July 2017 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I've attached an Oomph task implementation that's designed to create a new JRE entry. You should get the general ideas for how to do this programmatically from this.
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768166 is a reply to message #1768079] Fri, 14 July 2017 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could you tell me step wise how to follow and what to do step by step to make changes?
Re: adding a new VM to installed JRE workbench [message #1768169 is a reply to message #1768166] Fri, 14 July 2017 10:10 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I don't think anyone will just do the work for you. You'll need to do the work yourself or pay someone else to do it.
Previous Topic:How to know when IResource.refreshLocal has finished in Oxygen?
Next Topic:Branding not upgraded
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Nov 18 07:40:57 GMT 2018