Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » plugin for Eclipse to filter function signatures(plugin for Eclipse to filter function signatures)
plugin for Eclipse to filter function signatures [message #1767368] Wed, 05 July 2017 10:17 Go to next message
Elias Hanna is currently offline Elias HannaFriend
I wanted to know if while working with Eclipse (latest versions), if there's a plugin to help me choose a function that suits my needs according to its parameters.

Example: I have a function called foo, that takes from 0 to 5 arguments, and let's say the possible number of signatures is too big (500+ overloads). Is there a plugin to help me filter these signatures by constraining the arguments/return type for example? and have a smaller set to choose from by showing them to me? PS: the auto completion isn't helpful and the code is in c/cpp.
Re: plugin for Eclipse to filter function signatures [message #1767454 is a reply to message #1767368] Thu, 06 July 2017 08:39 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
I am not aware of any such plug-in, but I find the idea compelling. It would make a great new feature for CDT :-)
Previous Topic:Failed to resolve target definition : Could not find org.eclipse.cdt.core/6.3.1.201706122201
Next Topic:eclipse crashes when using touch screen to operate "Console" window
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 10:01:30 GMT 2024