Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » [Solved] Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue (Trac tickets details are not displayed - gives Unacceptable TLS certificate error)
[Solved] Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue [message #1767071] Fri, 30 June 2017 11:24 Go to next message
Tapan Trivedi is currently offline Tapan TrivediFriend
Hi all,

I have a fresh eclipse installation (Oxygen June release - 4.7.0) on Lxubuntu. The configuration is standard.

I am trying to access Trac repo with self-signed certificate operational since Nov 2016.

I can access the Trac repo using Firefox web interface.

Mylyn repository addition works and I can see the query results. However, when I want to see the details, I get "Unacceptable TLS certificate" error.

The connection is default (and being shown as XMLRPC in apache log on the Trac server).

I have tried following steps.

a. Using Internal as well as External Browsers from within eclipse
b. Saved server cert in a local keystore in my user account. keytool listing shows the certificate.
c. Saved server cert in Java default keystore (cacerts) within jvm/lib directory (again default install). keytool listing shows the certificate as well.

In both (b & c) cases, I changed eclipse.ini to include appropriate environment variables.

None of the above steps help.

On Trac server side, there are no requests registered for the details query so I assume this is purely Mylyn or eclipse issue with self-signed certificate.

Let me know if more details are required. Any pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 11 August 2017 07:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue [message #1767419 is a reply to message #1767071] Wed, 05 July 2017 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jaxsun McCarthy Huggan is currently offline Jaxsun McCarthy HugganFriend
Hi Tapan,

I suggest you file a bug against the Trac connector in the Eclipse Bugzilla

When you do so it would be great if you had a stacktrace of the error, check Eclipse's error log view.

Thanks,
-Jaxsun
Re: Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue [message #1767545 is a reply to message #1767419] Fri, 07 July 2017 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jaxsun

Thanks for the tip. I shall do that over the weekend.

Regards,
Tapan
Re: Mylyn + Trac ticket display issue [message #1770420 is a reply to message #1767545] Fri, 11 August 2017 07:08 Go to previous message
Latest update.

While trying to reproduce and log issue as Jaxsun had suggested (though very late), I tried the connection again and it worked now !!

The issue I think is if you force the certificate authentication - self signed certificates are not accepted. If you dont do that, the requests (web or XML-RPC) are accepted as legit and can be accessed on https protocol.

-- Tapan
Previous Topic:"Add Task Repository..." not possible - Finish button disabled
Next Topic:Error creating task repository
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:56:50 GMT 2024