Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » BIRT adds in spaces when rendering a PDF(Weird spaces showing up in BIRT PDF exports)
BIRT adds in spaces when rendering a PDF [message #1766907] Wed, 28 June 2017 16:44
Murray Fenstermaker is currently offline Murray FenstermakerFriend
Hello, I've been tearing my hair out about this seemingly minor issue but the perfectionist in me won't let the formatting stand.

Some background:
I am restricted to a single text item data source since I am interfacing with other services. I have split this data into a dictionary using some loops and assigned this dictionary to an accessible variable. Each cell outputs a specific string from the dictionary and my template generates everything I need. It seems to work great except for one odd hitch, when I use a multiline string it generates whitespace at the start of any line after the first but only when I export it to PDF, not HTML. So for example:

String:
"123 Fake st. <br/>Baltimore, MD<br/>21231"

HTML:
123 Fake st.
Baltimore, MD

PDF:
123 Fake st.
Baltimore, MD

I ran some code using regex to strip whitespace out of the string but it still left those leading spaces in. I then decided I would compensate for the spaces by giving the first line a space so it would appear to be in perfect alignment. However upon using a &nbsp; the first line manifested two spaces rather than one so I ended up with:

123 Fake st.
Baltimore, MD

I have tested margins and padding and they are not the cause so far as I can tell. The whitespace is selectable. This is baffling to me and project requirements dictate that this needs to be correct and it needs to be directly generated as a PDF, so I am unsure how to proceed. One other baffling part of this is that I ran the PDF through. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered an error like this and has any insight.
Previous Topic:last row in the report
Next Topic:javascript insert html radio button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:39:22 GMT 2024