Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » M2T (model-to-text transformation) » Vhdl code generation from UML model using acceleo
Vhdl code generation from UML model using acceleo [message #1766858] Wed, 28 June 2017 10:09 Go to next message
Raoudha Saida is currently offline Raoudha SaidaFriend
Hi,
I want to generate a vhdl code from a UML model using eclipse/acceleo.
Can one help me with an example or tutorial.
Thank you in advance.
Re: Vhdl code generation from UML model using acceleo [message #1766860 is a reply to message #1766858] Wed, 28 June 2017 10:36 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

There are a variety of examples of generating code/text from UML. However generating VHDL is much harder unless your model is trivial. 'Real' computers have substantial language support for pointers and allocation/garbage collection of dynamic memory and underlying memory management units. VHDL is typically targetted at a much more simplistic execution engine where you may avoid dynamic memory altogether or must refactor pointer into indexes and allocation into fixed size arrays. I doubt that you will find examples that do this. I recommend that you use one or more M2Ms to go from a UML model to a VHDL model, you should find that the VHDL model to text (if you need it) is available for free with a VHDL support tool.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:[Acceleo] handline of newlines in mtl templates
Next Topic:Acceleo : How to cast in a Collection ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:24:01 GMT 2024