Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » gmake support for CDT(Intro + offering contribion + Help request for doing so.)
gmake support for CDT [message #1766107] Thu, 15 June 2017 18:49 Go to next message
Peter Kovacs is currently offline Peter KovacsFriend
Hello CDT Community,

My Name is Peter Kovacs and I am reaching out to you because I am in need of an IDE for developing Apache Open Office, and there is no IDE that meets the requirements.
So I have to add needed functionality to an existing IDE. (Not that trying to commit to Open Office is not a Don-Cochote Activity in itself ;) )

So my desicion fell on Eclipse that is imho currently the only IDE that works on all OO target Platform and supports all Languages I am need. (Mainly C++ and Java)

So in order to improve the usability for me I need to add gmake support, and (maybe) dmake import support.

Is there anything going on in this direction? Or has been started, I can start off with?

Since I am not the best Java or C++ Developer I cant promise a lot. However I am looking for some mentoring, too. I will do most of the stuff myself but I will need some specific explenation. The tutorials feel me a bit lost. And I would like to be able ask a lot of noob questions (distributed across time. :P )
So the last topic would be time. I dont have a lot of it, and I am now splitting time between 2 Projects. (My true employe request not more then 6h a week.) So dont expect me to be quick on delivering. After all this hole Campaign is the craziest thing I have started ( in September 2016)

So if this Project is fine with the constraints and the goals I would be happy to start.
Please let me know if there is some beuacratic steps needed. I have signed agreement that I will only commit my work and base my work on open Source Software. Is there anything else needed?

If it is not okay for you, please tell me the reasons here. I will move my work then towards a AOO Specific Plugin Project. (Which I might need anyhow since Apache Open Office follows some old own build rules ... Jeez so much legacy! :-D )

Thank you for your time!
All the best
Peter
Re: gmake support for CDT [message #1766243 is a reply to message #1766107] Mon, 19 June 2017 08:44 Go to previous message
Jonah Graham is currently offline Jonah GrahamFriend
Hi Peter,

I am not familar with Apache Open Office's build system, so I may have misinterpreted your question.

However to get started with CDT and custom Makefiles (including custom make commands) I would recommend trying these steps. One done, that should provide you with the information about what needs to be changed/extended in CDT.

1. Create a new "Makefile Project with existing code"

index.php/fa/29706/0/

2. Point the Existing Code Location at your code, and probably choose Linux GCC as toolchain to use for Indexer Settings.

index.php/fa/29707/0/

3. In the project properties, choose C/C++ Build and uncheck use default build command and set the command to gmake / dmake.

index.php/fa/29708/0/

HTH as a starting point.

Jonah
Previous Topic:C++11 Again...
Next Topic:make error 1 without any description
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 23:56:34 GMT 2024