Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Ibus - chinese(Intelligent pinyin) does not work in eclipse Kepler(Ibus - Entering chinese(Intelligent pinyin) does not work in eclipse Kepler)
Ibus - chinese(Intelligent pinyin) does not work in eclipse Kepler [message #1765373] Thu, 08 June 2017 20:00
Ujwal Menon is currently offline Ujwal MenonFriend

I have ibus running on my machine and I am able to enter chinese(Intelligent pinyin) on every terminal, on gedit , on browsers and other text boxes outside eclipse(Version: Kepler Service Release 1), but not anywhere inside eclipse. Whenever I change the language to Chinese and then start typing anywhere inside eclipse , it types in english. Would anyone know how I can enter chinese instead of english and see the ibus panel come up where in I can type english and input chinese characters inside eclipse.

I have added all the necessary environment variables inside .bashrc

export GTK_IM_MODULE=ibus export XMODIFIERS=@im=ibus export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

Is this an SWT bug of some kind because I also tried to create a Standalone SWT application outside eclipse that brings in a text box and tried to type chinese inside using ibus but it types english instead.(This is to narrow out that the problem is caused inside just eclipse). I tried running it against different org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.x86_XXX.jar builds and still ibus for chinese does not work inside the text box.

/usr/bin/ibus-daemon --replace --xim --panel disable, /usr/libexec/ibus-dconf, /usr/libexec/ibus-x11 --kill-daemon, /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-simple, grep --color=auto ibus, /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-libpinyin --ibus, /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-m17n --ibus, /usr/libexec/ibus-engine-kkc --ibus, python3 /usr/share/ibus/setup/main.py

These are the ibus processes that are running on my system

Any help would be greatly appreciated

[Updated on: Fri, 16 June 2017 18:56]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:ejc failing to build with StackOverflowError
Next Topic:[SOLVED] installing eclipse neon on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 07:50:28 GMT 2024