Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » p2 composite repository and Eclipse package/version(p2 composite repository and Eclipse package/version)
p2 composite repository and Eclipse package/version [message #1764138] Thu, 25 May 2017 19:04
guy bonneau is currently offline guy bonneauFriend
I am trying to understand how to create a p2 composite repository to let many Eclipse "package" (Luna, Mars, Neon) and their associated release (r, sr1, sr2) to be updated with a new feature. Let call this new feature AddOnFeature. Each Eclipse package/version released should have its own AddOnFeature feature tagged with an incremental version qualifier. My understanding after reading the p2 documentation is that the AddOnFeature should has a dependency with an Eclipse feature already installed with some versioning to match. This will let the P2 manager matches the AddOnFeature feature to be installed with the Eclipse "package/version".

To help the discussion let say the AddOnFeature install a new menu that display the Eclipse package/version with a message like: "Hello Eclipse Mars sr1" and that this message must be hardcoded (not to be discovered programmatically).

My question is what Eclipse feature dependency should I bind (or associate) to the AddOnFeature to have the p2 manager chose the appropriate p2 repository within the composite directory to have the appropriate AddOnFeature installed.

Thanks
GB
Previous Topic:xdebug Launching (48%) forever
Next Topic:ECLIPSE NEON INTERNET CONNECTION PROBLEM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 07:22:00 GMT 2024