Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Transfering custom @Interfaces from super function to overriden function(@Interfaces, Function Override, Annotations)
Transfering custom @Interfaces from super function to overriden function [message #1764006] Tue, 23 May 2017 21:29
Speiger Bär is currently offline Speiger BärFriend
Well i did switch over from Eclipse Juno to eclipse Neon and i can say yes it was a upgrade but there were some tiny things that i am actually missing.

1 thing in that is really important for me and that is that when i override a function that eclipse transfers custom @Interfaces of the super function. (just copy paste text).

This is what eclipse juno did:

Base class:
public class BaseClass
{
    @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
    public void onClientTick()
    {
    }
}

Overriden class with Eclipse Juno.

public class JunoClass extends BaseClass
{
     @Override
     @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
     {
     }
}

now when i override the same function with Eclipse Neon then i dont get the @SideOnly(Side.CLIENT) with it.
It doesnt transfer it.

public class NeonClass extends BaseClass
{
    @Override
    {
    }
}

now i am not talking about @Override if you understand what i mean i am meaning that it should transfer the side only system which i want to be transfered.

Now i read through the Internet a lot and people say its: Code Cleanup, Code Template, Code style. I can ensure you its not. I have these "profiles" copied from my old eclipse if these would be effecting it then it would be
done and i would not have issues like these.

I checkt through the whole thing and i found nothing. Maybe i am missing things but if someone knows how to solve this "feature missing" it would be nice.

Also please dont suggest "Report a bug to Eclipse makers"... (already did that no answer after a week or so)
Previous Topic:Can't link to dependent class
Next Topic:Eclipse wrong formatting of Override non-Javadoc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:22:09 GMT 2024