Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » first RCP app failed to start
first RCP app failed to start [message #1763780] Fri, 19 May 2017 15:19 Go to next message
Rolf Schumacher is currently offline Rolf SchumacherFriend
followed a tutorial, when starting first app, IDE starts again instead of my app

the tutorial:

http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseRCP/article.html#core-components-of-the-eclipse-platform

As described in the tutorial, installed Oxygen 4.7M7, e4 tools and all of e4 spies.
Followed the tutorial. Some dialogs look slightly different but I could find the required elements.

I had no deviation until
"8.2. Launch your Eclipse application via the product file".
When I now start the application, Oxygen 4.7M7 IDE starts again instead of my app - as suggested by the tutorial.

Where should I look for a fix in my configuration or installation?
What may I have done wrong in the steps 1-7 (they look quite simple, did it several times, compared to other tutorials: they all show the same first steps.)??

Kind Regards

Rolf
Re: first RCP app failed to start [message #1764806 is a reply to message #1763780] Fri, 02 June 2017 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Elena Larina is currently offline Elena LarinaFriend
Did you choose 'Yes' on 'Would you like to create a rich client application?' ? How did you launch your application? Did you check Run configurations -> Program to run? It should have the value 'Run a product' with your product file, if you generated it. Or it should have the value 'Run an application' with id of your application.
Re: first RCP app failed to start [message #1765490 is a reply to message #1764806] Sat, 10 June 2017 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Steiger is currently offline Richard SteigerFriend
I'm trying the very same tutorial, and getting hung-up part-way through step 8.1, in the Content page:

> all properties filled-in
> "Execution Environment": JavaSE-1.8
> "Generate an activator": unchecked
> "This plug-in will make contributions to the UI": checked
> "Enable API analysis": unchecked
> "Would you like ...": Yes

both the Next and Finish buttons are disabled, only options are Cancel and < Back.

This renders the Tutorial useless to me.
Re: first RCP app failed to start [message #1765492 is a reply to message #1765490] Sat, 10 June 2017 23:44 Go to previous message
Richard Steiger is currently offline Richard SteigerFriend
If (contrary to the tutorial) I check the "Generator an activator", I'm able to complete step 8.1 and proceed with the rest of the tutorial (I have no idea what adverse effects checking this box may downstream).
Previous Topic:[SOLVED] installing eclipse neon on linux
Next Topic:Using Eclipse for Fortran
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 14:49:01 GMT 2024