Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » SWTBot & acceptance tests tools(run tests in Jenkins)
SWTBot & acceptance tests tools [message #1763773] Fri, 19 May 2017 13:31 Go to next message
Hulk Esp is currently offline Hulk EspFriend
Hi!

I am developing an Eclipse RCP application and I would like to perform some acceptance tests on it using SWTBot.

Do you know if it is possible or viable to integrate SWTBot with any acceptance test tool (JBehave, Gauge, Cucumber, etc)? Has anyone tried it ?

Is it possible at least to run SWTBot tests from Maven ?. I read something about Tycho, but I am totally lost since I have not found any tutorial that works for me, is there any step by step tutorial?. In other words, how to get
new SWTWorkbenchBot()
working outside Eclipse ?

Basically what I want is to create some SWTBot tests and run them in Jenkins.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2017 14:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SWTBot & acceptance tests tools [message #1763781 is a reply to message #1763773] Fri, 19 May 2017 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tasse is currently offline Patrick TasseFriend
Hi Hulk,

Yes it's possible to run SWTBot unit tests on your Eclipse RCP application using Maven and Tycho. Some Eclipse projects (e.g. Trace Compass) run extensive SWTBot unit tests as part of their Continuous Integration builds.

You can find some information here:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/SWTBot/Automate_test_execution

https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/FAQ#How_to_use_SWTBot_or_some_UI_tool_for_testing.3F

Your SWTWorkbenchBot will not be working outside of Eclipse though, it will run inside Eclipse but your Maven/Tycho configuration will make sure to launch your Eclipse application before running the SWTBot unit tests.

Patrick
Re: SWTBot & acceptance tests tools [message #1764507 is a reply to message #1763781] Tue, 30 May 2017 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hulk Esp is currently offline Hulk EspFriend
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for your help. I was able to run some SWTBot unit tests using Maven and Tycho :).

Now, I wonder if there is a way to launch my RCP application by not using Tycho. Is there a way to do it programmatically?

startRCPContext(..); // code to start RCP application
SWTWorkbenchBot	bot = new SWTWorkbenchBot()

Best regards.
Re: SWTBot & acceptance tests tools [message #1765441 is a reply to message #1764507] Fri, 09 June 2017 14:08 Go to previous message
Patrick Tasse is currently offline Patrick TasseFriend
Hi Hulk,

I'm not aware of any way to do this programmatically.

This thread seems like it could be related, but it's 12 years old...

http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t53937.html

Patrick
Previous Topic:Eclipse SWTBot generator with Nattable
Next Topic:Find Display in SWTUtils
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:57:04 GMT 2024