|Can't setup JSP debugging in Neon.3 with tomcat8 [message #1763355]
||Sat, 13 May 2017 09:42
| Hussayn Dabbous
Registered: May 2017
Short story: We are migrating from Luna to neon.3 but we can not get JSP breakpoints to work properly|
- installed neon.3 and added jdk1.8.0_131 as default Java runtime
- cleaned the luna workspace by removing all eclipse control files (settings, profiles, etc)
- added the old luna workspace as workspace for neon
- imported the old projects into neon
- added a new tomcat server in eclipse
- Added 2 projects (using Add external web module)
- Configure "Use tomcat installation"
- Start server in Debug mode
The webapplications startup as usual, the applications run as expected, no errors so far.
- In the JSP Editor open an existing JSP
- Set some test breakpoints (inside java code parts)
- From a browser call the jsp
Result: The jsp runs, no Stop at breakpoints.
- in the Java Editor open a java file
- Set some breakpoints in the java file
- Run the very same JSP again
Result: The Java breakpoints are recognized, the Debugger opens up
- Click through the debugger until the java code is done and return to JSP
Result: Source not found
- Trying various folders, as lookup, including the tomcat work folder, but can't get any source to show up.
Here we are stuck. It worked before in Luna without any need to do special configuration for getting JSP's to work with the debugger.
How can i debug this further to figure out why JSP breakpoints are not recognized and why JSP Sources are not found ?
thanks for any tip on that.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.05544 seconds