Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Deploying Eclipse Neon as a Citrix Hosted Application (Is it a good idea? Will it work properly? Am I just letting myself in for a world of hurt)
Deploying Eclipse Neon as a Citrix Hosted Application [message #1760544] Fri, 28 April 2017 08:20
Alexi Wood is currently offline Alexi WoodFriend

Deploying Eclipse Neon as a Citrix Hosted Application - Is it utter madness?[ 0 votes ]
1.No - Worst Idea Ever 0 / 0%
2.Yes - It'll be just fine 0 / 0%

Hi All,

I've been using Eclipse in one version or another for years and I've always had it on my laptop but the Architecture Team at my new company (not gonna say who) tell me that they don't allow that kind of software to be locally installed - it has to be run as a Citrix Hosted Application.

On one hand the Citrix kit is well spec'd for CPU / Memory / Disk access and on the cloud so builds to the Spring Server instances on AWS should be quick.

But I keep thinking it'll be a disaster as I won't have offline access, the Hosted Apps never seem to work right when I'm off the network and on the VPN, and I don't like the idea of not being able to make changes to the version, configuration, and plugins myself.

Can anyone either put my mind at rest and tell me it worked great for them?

Or give me any justification for making an exception to the policy?
Previous Topic:Problem with Eclipse and the way shows text when the horizontal scroll bar is used.
Next Topic:Maven project can not be created in Eclipse Neon using Archetype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:53:23 GMT 2024