Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » GEF » [GEF4-5] Resize children of Visible part of InfiniteCanvas
[GEF4-5] Resize children of Visible part of InfiniteCanvas [message #1760072] Fri, 21 April 2017 18:47 Go to next message
Maxim Martynov is currently offline Maxim MartynovFriend
Hi!

My task to create Eclipse Editor (org.eclipse.ui.part.EditorPart) in which i can edit web pages with 960 grid system.

I'm starting from org.eclipse.gef4.mvc.fx.ui.parts.AbstractFXEditor but it use FXViewer with InfiniteCanvas. I'm add HBox with 12 children, and i want to HBox resize to all avaliable visible space. So that when you resize the editor, HBox also changes its size. Is it possible to do this?

Now I think what AbstractFXEditor it not good starting point for me, because i not need Infinite Canvas and for my task HBox must be parent for all components. So i must implements my own AbstractFXEditror, but i not find good starting point for this.

AbstractFXEditror use FXViewer which extends AbstractViewer (in GEF4 and this good starting point for Viewer) but in GEF5 there is no AbstractViewer and we have only org.eclipse.gef.mvc.fx.viewer.InfiniteCanvasViewer, which use InfiniteCanvas.
What would you advise as a good starting point for my task?
Re: [GEF4-5] Resize children of Visible part of InfiniteCanvas [message #1760223 is a reply to message #1760072] Mon, 24 April 2017 18:04 Go to previous message
Alexander Nyssen is currently offline Alexander NyssenFriend
There is no longer an abstract base implementation of IViewer, so you will directly have to implement the interface in case InfiniteCanvasViewer is not appropriate.
Previous Topic:Migrating GEF 3 project
Next Topic:Trouble with Connection Content Parts (GEF4 0.4.0)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:34:32 GMT 2024