Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » event.getDelta().getResource()(Which of the resources is returned by getResource()?)
event.getDelta().getResource() [message #1759778] Tue, 18 April 2017 12:45 Go to next message
valentin Mising name is currently offline valentin Mising nameFriend
Reading about tracking resource changes, I have got an impression that delta is something that covers multiple resources changed.

Yet, I have the following code
	public final void resourceChanged(final IResourceChangeEvent event) {

r = event.getDelta().getResource();

I wonder then which of the resources is returned by IResourceDelta.getResource()?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 April 2017 12:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: event.getDelta().getResource() [message #1759784 is a reply to message #1759778] Tue, 18 April 2017 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Set a breakpoint and try it. The deltas form a tree (just as the resource's themselves form a tree) so the resource could be any type, org.eclipse.core.resources.IResource.getType(), of resource.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: event.getDelta().getResource() [message #1759788 is a reply to message #1759784] Tue, 18 April 2017 14:17 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You can read more about it at https://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Resource-deltas/resource-deltas.html .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:How to handle key binding conflicts between product dependencies?
Next Topic:OM2M Vs Ocean
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:31:01 GMT 2024