Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to completely uninstall ALL old Eclipseworkspaces/projects on MAC?
How to completely uninstall ALL old Eclipseworkspaces/projects on MAC? [message #1759250] Sat, 08 April 2017 19:24 Go to next message
Nicole Botha is currently offline Nicole BothaFriend
Hi, so I know there is so much thing as "uninstalling eclipse" but when I followed a tutorial on how to remove it, it worked fine. However when I reinstalled it, I still had all my old projects and classes saved.
How can I completely remove all old projects/classes?
Please can someone explain in a simplified and easy manner.
Thank you in advance! Very Happy
Re: How to completely uninstall ALL old Eclipseworkspaces/projects on MAC? [message #1759264 is a reply to message #1759250] Sun, 09 April 2017 11:20 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The installation and the workspace it uses are two separate things. Just deleting the installation doesn't delete any of the workspaces. So if you've been using the default workspace location, every new installation will open that one by default. You'll see there is File -> Switch Workspace to switch to another workspace. By default you're also prompted which workspace to open when you start the installation...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic: launch a Jenkins slave running off a docker image that runs on my Li
Next Topic:"Allow incoming network connections" -- message recurs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 19:34:22 GMT 2024