Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to handle key binding conflicts between product dependencies?
How to handle key binding conflicts between product dependencies? [message #1759096] Thu, 06 April 2017 09:35 Go to next message
Jeritiana Ravelojaona is currently offline Jeritiana RavelojaonaFriend
In the Eclipse RCP product I'm working on, I have two external dependencies which contribute with the same key binding extension (ALT+CTRL+Y) and empty contextIds.
I know if I had to define those key bindings myself, I could have used different contexts to avoid the conflict.
But here, those are dependencies that are already packaged, I can't seemingly change the source code.
Do you have any clue on how to handle this?

Thanks.
Re: How to handle key binding conflicts between product dependencies? [message #1759828 is a reply to message #1759096] Tue, 18 April 2017 09:26 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
It's buried in the documentation of the org.eclipse.ui.bindings extension point:

Quote:
If a binding does not define a command identifier, then it is a deletion marker. This means that if all the conditions are met, it will cancel any bindings with the same trigger in the same context. This mechanism can be used, for example, to change a binding on a particular platform.
Previous Topic:What does line-prefix operation mean?
Next Topic:event.getDelta().getResource()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 03:24:51 GMT 2024