Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » How to share oomph pool between Linux and Windows(Sharing oomph pool for multiple OSs)
How to share oomph pool between Linux and Windows [message #1758763] Sun, 02 April 2017 11:54 Go to next message
med medin is currently offline med medinFriend
I have dual boot Windows and Linux, and I tried to share my oomph pool that i created on Linux with Windows, so that i can install eclipse ides on Windows using the same pool used on Linux, but my oomph setup was corrupted (see attachment) after i have done some clean up using oomph and now I can't launch my ides because all installation is broken.
So what is the proper way to share the same pool on multiple OS ?
Thanks for advance.
Re: How to share oomph pool between Linux and Windows [message #1758821 is a reply to message #1758763] Mon, 03 April 2017 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Abel Hegedus is currently offline Abel HegedusFriend
I think the proper way is not doing it, you are still better off having only 2 instances of artifacts instead of one for each Eclipse.

Note that the Oomph cleanup and analysis parts probably consider the profiles on the file system and check that they are still in use. Probably on either platform the paths of the other are considered non-existent. You can see this on the screenshot (E__eclipse_win vs. /home/... )
Re: How to share oomph pool between Linux and Windows [message #1759637 is a reply to message #1758821] Fri, 14 April 2017 10:31 Go to previous message
med medin is currently offline med medinFriend
Thanks for your reply, I followed your advice and separated the installations on both platforms and now everything work perfectly fine.
Previous Topic:Installation error
Next Topic:Presetting Catalogs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 00:19:46 GMT 2024