Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Project closed in workspace, dependency added in ivy.xml, but still eclipse throws error (Error - "Hierarchy of type <classname> is inconsistent")
Project closed in workspace, dependency added in ivy.xml, but still eclipse throws error [message #1758555] Thu, 30 March 2017 06:44
Mritunjaya Sharma is currently offline Mritunjaya SharmaFriend
Hello,
We are trying to implement ivy along with ant. To test the ivy retrieve feature, I closed a plugin on which the current plugin was dependent, and added the closed plugin's dependency in the current project's ivy.xml. On resolving, the ivyDE does bring the closed plugin's jar from artifactory, but eclipse throws error in current plugin's classes where a class from the closed plugin have been extended. The error is - "hierarchy of type <classname> is inconsistent". I am unable to understand why this problem occurs as the jar for the closed plugin is present in the current plugin's buildpath as well, under the library Ivy. While all other jars have been read by eclipse, only the closed plugin's jar is not getting picked by eclipse. The problem disappears when I reopen the closed plugin, but our objective is to build the workspace using jars fetched from artifactory. Please help me resolve this issue.
Previous Topic:Unable to Add or clone a Git Repository Neon.3
Next Topic:Eclipse 4.6 Neon | TCF | Remote debugging | Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 06 13:33:23 GMT 2020