Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Excution model in moka(Excution model in moka)
icon5.gif  Excution model in moka [message #1758516] Wed, 29 March 2017 13:51 Go to next message
roumaissa nasli is currently offline roumaissa nasliFriend
Hi,

I start testing Moka recently with the help of your basicActiveObjectExample (https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus/UserGuide/ModelExecution).

Why do you use PSCS execution engine in place of fUML execution engine ?
I ask myself this question because the fUML engine doesn't work with this example and I don't see any structure composite's element in this model.

Error with fUML engine :
org.eclipse.emf.common.util.BasicEList$BasicIndexOutOfBoundsException: index=0, size=0...

And do you have further information about the "generate factory" action ? You speak of referring to the PSCS' specifications but for fUML, is it also necessary to make it ? I don't find any informations about it in the fUML's specifications.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
romy Crying or Very Sad
Re: Excution model in moka [message #1759400 is a reply to message #1758516] Tue, 11 April 2017 09:29 Go to previous message
Arnaud Cuccuru is currently offline Arnaud CuccuruFriend
Hi,

The example model was indeed designed to be executed with the PSCS engine.

In the example, you start the execution by calling the generated factory. This factory first creates the object instance, call its default constructor operation (note that this constructor has no implementation, and that the semantics of the default constructor is given in the PSCS specification, but basically it instantiates the parts and connectors to be contained in the object), and then starts the classifier behavior.

You could do something similar manually in fUML, except that there is no default constructor in fUML. You would rather put some explicit actions to instantiate the parts and connectors.

Cheers,

Arnaud
Previous Topic:delet this
Next Topic:Papyrus suitable for education/exam?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Sep 25 11:57:02 GMT 2024