Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » General (non-technical) » Eclipse Foundation » Looking for package languages
Looking for package languages [message #1758459] Tue, 28 March 2017 20:25 Go to next message
Devon Henegar is currently offline Devon HenegarFriend
Hi all,

I hope this is the correctly place to ask my question, someone in the newcomer's forum suggested I ask here, so here it goes:

'I'm working on a project where we compare the various dependencies in a project we've scanned to the eclipse community's projects; if we get a match we don't need to do the same level of legal checking to make sure the dependency is ok to use. Currently we use the "https://projects.eclipse.org/json/projects/all" API to get this information. Here's the problem: we recently found an example that had the same name and license as a what one of the eclipse community projects but was a different project entirely (we noticed it was in a different language). After seeing this we decided we should add "has the same language as the eclipse project" to our requirements but he API data doesn't list the language(s) the project was written in. Is there any way to get this if with an API call?"

Thank you very much in advance.
Re: Looking for package languages [message #1758898 is a reply to message #1758459] Tue, 04 April 2017 10:00 Go to previous message
Mickael Istria is currently offline Mickael IstriaFriend

Hi Devon,

I think you could first open an enhancement request for that to https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Community , under the "Project Management and Portal" component.
HTH
Previous Topic:Organize your release page
Next Topic:I would like to have permission to publish your app on the Windows Store
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:47:03 GMT 2024