Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » p2 mechanism cannot work as expected(Plug-in installation failed when using p2 mechanism)
p2 mechanism cannot work as expected [message #1758287] Mon, 27 March 2017 08:09
Devin Xin is currently offline Devin XinFriend

Hi All,

Recently I use p2 mechanism(not use p2 UI) to install my own plug-in, we use one scripts to install our plugins and features into one folder, and then create one link file into the dropins folder. By using this way, the installation can work as expected, but sometime, when we do the upgrade for the installed plugins(after we did some bug fix for current plugin, we need to update the installed version), it seems this way cannot work as expected, the eclipse still cache the old installed plugin, and after starting the eclipse, the installed plugin don't include the fixed feature.

After checking the bundles.info, I saw the newest plugin already been listed in this file. it's so strange.

And we also update our plugin version everytime when doing the installation.

As the page(please see https://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/p2/Getting_Started) said,
p2 supports the notion of watched directories. A watched directory is a place where a user or script can drop files and have them discovered by p2. it means p2 know which plugin should be used when starting eclipse? or anything wrong with my operation?

BTW, everytime, I must delete the ".eclipse" folder to let it work, this is so inconvenience.
As I understand, when using the p2 mechanism, this issue shouldn't happen anymore.
am I wrong?

Thanks for your help and time.
Best Regards,
Devin
Previous Topic:Trying to Inspect a Scrap Book Page
Next Topic:starting a new language editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:59:32 GMT 2024